Nancy was in a good mood today and ate some real food. Actually, I took the innards out of a ground chicken sandwich which she dunked in hot tomato soup. Yum. Mostly she stuck with the high nutrition drinks that seem to be marketed to diabetics. Each has 9.9 grams of protein which she needs and hasn’t been getting in regular food.
Latest from “The Team” is that the operation to replace the valve(s) will be on Tuesday and currently scheduled for 7 A.M.
I suppose it is possible, but highly unlikely, Nancy could get bumped if there is an emergency because she is stable and she could remain so for a few more hours or even a day or so.
She can’t improve much, however, and the decision is to operate tomorrow morning. We met the doctor that will be operating the heart-lung machine, he reviewed all the current readings, talked with the nurse of the day and visited with us – as did another (new) cardiologist on the floor for the day. The surgeon visited Nancy during the late afternoon but I was home by then taking care of the horses and dogs.
We have read about and talked about this operation during the last four months. Knowing it is dangerous for her we accepted this quite some time ago. Still we did not count on the difficulties of the past month.
Your concern, hope, and prayers are appreciated.